Monday, February 2, 2009

Into Your Arms I Rest

Wandering down this path before me; I am distracted by all that surrounds me.

Sights, sounds, and smells that spill out of the scenery it dwells within.

I am taken aback, what beauty, what vastness there is. The sky belted by its beautiful horizon with the rising of mountains, trees and the glorious sun like a brilliant gem.

The cascading colors dripping across the plane. Sunrise, sunset, brilliant leaves dancing upon the earth’s sweet breath, being carried to and fro until it finally finds its end, gently coming to rest among the grass, the ground, the earth, full of life and death.

I am like a leaf- still clinging to its branch. The one that holds me, nourishes me and calls me out to be a part of something greater than myself. To serve a purpose, a part of a whole. I want to stand, to be still and to be led by the One who calls out to me, from deep to deep. My spirit listens, it hears, it yearns to rise up to the occasion that is, My Life.

Yet there is a storm raging against me determined to knock me from my home, to blow me away and take it all.

Then, there is me…who again and again gets in the way, talking over the still quiet voice that tirelessly speaks to me ~desiring to reveal His truth to me. Waiting ever so patiently as I ramble on and on about the when’s, how’s and whys.

“Be still”, I hear Him say. “My precious child, look to me. I will show you the way. I have called you and you are mine. I will fill your every need,

look to me.

I have pursued you from the moment you came to be. I love you and I know you like no other can. Let me calm your storm. Take my hand.

I want you just as you are, broken and frayed. Let me take that burden that weighs you down. Let loose your grasp, you’ve held so tight. Let your white knuckled fists unclench. I already bore the weight of it, all of it. It is mine. There is no need for you to keep it for yourself.

It separates you from me.

It gives the enemy access so easily.

A means to fill your heart with hurt.

He holds you down while whispering lies, lies he’s been telling you for so long.

To cause you to stumble and fall, to fill you with doubt that questions my truth. To fill you with shame and deter you from my love and my perfect will.

But you are mine and I love you deeply. I have plans to prosper you and build you up. Turn away from the deception that keeps you from me. Take the lies captive and be set free.

Free to run into my arms stretched wide, eager to embrace you and hold you tight".

3 comments:

Jewel said...

Ahh...*tears*...I love it Dejah! Just what I needed to read at this moment:)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Christ The King Community Church Bungoma said...

Thank you very much Dejah for your noble and profound service you are doing in the Kingdom of God.You are agreat and mighty leaders.You always inspire me tto move forward.What a blessing to have you and your family in my heart and mind.We love all of you and we are always upholding you in our prayers.
Keep it up the great work you are doing.
Cheers
Salim